Fairfield County, Connecticut
975-acre Lake Zoar was created by the Stevenson Dam between the town of Monroe on the west and the town of Oxford on the east.
pre-colonial times -- Zoar Lake now covers the original village of the Pootatuck Indians.
1919 -- Stevenson Dam on the Housatonic River built by the Connecticut Light and Power Company to produce hydroelectric power.
The Power-house is located on the Monroe side with an output capability of 28,750 kilowatts.
On the Fairfield County part of Lake Zoar:
Paugusett State Forest (Great Quarter Road)
Old Bridge Road
Border of towns of Newtown and Monroe
Back to the w. Connecticut Page
Back to the Main Page